Looking for a new adventure to kick off 2019?
Graphic Designer: full-time
The Marketing Bungalow – Caringbah NSW
We’re a marketing team with big hearts and big ideas. We offer practical, creative and strategic marketing and brand solutions for business. We’re high energy and hardworking, with a passion for problem-solving and a ‘make it happen’ attitude. We care about the work we do and the relationships we build with our clients. We’re in it for them, for the long haul.
Due to strong growth in 2018, we’re adding another Graphic Designer to our creative and design team. If you’re looking for a role that is close to home (winning), adore working with a mix of strong brands and various SME’s plus want to be an integral part of a growing team, read on!
Your purpose is to add exceptional value to the campaigns and communications we develop for our clients by playing an essential role in the strategy, design and delivery of all digital projects. You have a soft spot for Mailchimp and designing for web and social media as you’ll be responsible for creating highly engaging visual content and layouts for a diverse range of industries, brands and products in partnership with our marketing and design team. Your day to day tasks will include:
- Design and layout development of multiple EDM communications including automation and data collection campaigns (retention, engagement, acquisition and promotional).
- Create digital content for websites, landing pages and digital campaigns (including coding, maintenance and editing) ensuring it is integrated, SEO and mobile friendly, information-rich and relevant to the clients brand and target audience.
- Implement new online initiatives and keep up-to-date with new technologies.
- Design and Code for: Mobile/Desktop/Tablet.
- Design and develop layouts, style and assets for a wide variety of digital communications including websites, landing pages and social media (organic, paid, responsive etc).
- Implement best practices for user experience and engagement.
- Develop design templates, styles and assets in partnership with the entire design and creative team.
- Include the use of dynamic content within email and digital design.
- Share and collaborate on design, imagery and other assets with the entire design and creative team.
- Present all campaigns for approval to appropriate business partners.
- Maintain a brilliant file set up and file management system as per agency protocol.
- Tertiary qualifications in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years experience in a similar design role, ideally within an agency or a fast-paced marketing team.
- Extensive experience in Adobe Creative Suite for MAC is essential.
- Proficient in Mailchimp and other HTML, CSS, E-Mail marketing systems is absolutely essential (portfolio examples required).
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Proficient in WordPress, Shopify and Social Media design (portfolio examples essential).
- Creative flair and imagination – you have the ability to turn a brief into something special.
- Ability to, and interested in, brainstorming client projects
- Intelligent approach – ability to research a concept from scratch and create from start to finish both autonomously and in collaboration with the team.
- Discipline to work within brand guidelines and with style guides.
- A critical eye and exceptional attention to detail.
- Proactive work style and ability to take ownership of projects and problem solve.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and jump in without hesitation.
- Positive, friendly personality.
- Confident self-starter who is a kind and helpful contributor.
- Ability to move from working autonomously to a team environment regularly.
- Constant learner – evidence of ongoing self-education.
- Manages pressure whilst maintaining composure, control and performance.
- Courage to take calculated risks and think outside the square.
What’s in it for you?
- Work close to home
- Caring, kind and inclusive team culture
- Modern office fit out in brand new building
- Opportunity for career progression
- Cafe on site (due to open in 2019)